lunes, 30 de junio de 2008

Cover Letter

This is one of the letter we write to the companies in AIESEC to apply for an international intership.

Dear Manager,

I think that the study of Modern Languages allows you not only to know the grammatical structure, oral expression and everything that relates to the study of languages; but also lets you learn and know about the culture, manifestations, habits, traditions, music, and everything that refers to the country or countries that speak these languages that are being studied.

It also increases your comprehension and of course your tolerance when you share, interact, exchange or live together with other people who speak these languages and of course you also learn to tolerate another culture completely different that your own.

I have learned this throughout my whole major and also sharing with AIESEC people, who come from all different regions of the world. I consider this as a good experience that I have been fortunate enough to have in my country.

I would like to work in another country to put into practice all this knowledge that I have acquired in almost five years studying at the Distinguished Universidad del Zulia. I know that the experience that I am going to acquire is going to be useful for me to continue and to carry out my major in teaching in Venezuela.

I consider that being a teacher is one of the most complete and integrated professions that exists in the whole world.
Furthermore to share and exchange with people completely different than yourself is a unique life experience that satisfies and helps you to grow as a human being in this world.

As a student at a University with one of the highest levels of academic excellence in Venezuela, I consider that I am a suitable and capable person to carry out my teaching, not only in my country but also in other countries. Already studying some languages (Italian and Portuguese, both in basic level, French and English) has opened my mind to greater knowledge. It has also given me the ability to apply this knowledge in the context of both national and international educational. It also has helped me to obtain knowledge about other aspects of the languages, such as; the literature, culture, traditions, and others.

On another side, all my experiences in this field have helped me to develop as a complete person on the professional level, and also on the human level as a responsible, serious, punctual, dedicated, collaborative, and proactive person.

I would like to finish with a phrase that is very inspirational to me, since I read “The Alchemist”, by the Brazilian writer Paulo Coelho, which says:

“When you really want something, the entire universe conspires and helps you to achieve everything which you desire”

1 comentario:

Doris Molero dijo...

Excellent cover letter my friend... I thought you wanted to be an engineer... silly me... but as you state in your post.. learning different languages make you smarter...

Keep on shining!